If you have any questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following terms were last updated on 11 September 2016.
1. The information we collect
- We ask our members to provide us with certain information when they register, including their company name, email address and names of account owners and account administrators. Members who wish to showcase picturebooks (“titles”) on our website are asked to provide our payment service provider, Stripe, with valid payment details.
- We collect the email addresses of (i) our members, (ii) third parties who communicate with us via email, (iii) those who complete our Invitation Request Form, and (iv) those who sign up to receive promotional emails from us.
- In addition to personal data, we collect general information which our members or third parties make available to us (e.g. feedback about our website).
- We collect information about activity on the secure members-only pages of our website (e.g. how often members are logging in). If this information is made publicly available, we will not personally identify any of our members without their permission in writing.
- On the public pages of our website, we use Google Analytics to collect information which helps us understand how people arrive at and use our website. This information cannot be used to personally identify visitors and may be made publicly available.
2. Use of your information
- We collect information for (i) providing our services to you (ii) improvements to our website and service and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner, (iii) member authentication, and (iv) billing.
- In addition to the specific uses listed above, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- to send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications such as information about our website and service provided to you by us at that time;
- to provide customer service in relation to your use of the website, to contact you, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of our website and to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you with marketing communications by email about our products, services, events, which you have requested to be sent (for more information about our emails, see section 6); and
- for security purposes.
3. Disclosure of your information
- to third parties that need to know the information to provide services for our website. These third parties are not allowed to disclose the information to others;
- when required to do so by law, or when we need to protect our rights or the rights of our members or a third party; and
- to a third party if we transfer ownership of part or all of dPICTUS Ltd or its assets to this third party (e.g. a merger or acquisition).
4. Protection and security
- Your content is stored on secure servers in Europe, and we do all that we can to prevent unauthorised access into our system. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and although we employ appropriate technological and organisational security measures to protect your data from unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for the security and confidentiality of your company account and login details.
- If there is ever an unauthorised intrusion into our system, we will notify you by email as soon as possible. We will also explain the action we take in response.
- Cookies are used as a security measure to protect against CSRF (cross-site request forgery) attacks when users submit form data or login to the members-only pages of our website.
- We use session cookies on the members-only pages of our website to improve your overall experience.
- We utilise Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how people arrive at and use our website.
- From time to time, we send our members certain information by email (e.g. important messages about our website). These emails are kept to a minimum.
- Notification emails are sent to inform our members of any website activity which directly relates to them (e.g. another member has requested them as a Connection). These emails are optional, and can be turned on or off on your company account page.
- Non-members may receive email invitations to become a dPICTUS member. To stop receiving email invitations, click the link at the bottom of one of the invitation emails.
- Members and non-members can sign up to receive promotional emails from us. These emails can be stopped at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of these emails.
7. Your rights
- Company account owners and ‘admins’ can access and update all their company information at any time on our website.
- Under the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998, you can request a copy of any information we may hold about you. To make a request, please write to: Data Controller, dPICTUS Ltd, Windmill Cottage, Guildford Road, Frimley Green, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 6NZ, United Kingdom.